Transport Services

Concessions and Subsidies

This section provides information on available concession and subsidies, including information to assist with the cost of transport for people with disabilities and special needs.

Get Me About endeavours to keep this information up-to-date. If any of the information is found to be in need of updating or not shown, please let us know.

Centrelink Mobility Allowance

To qualify for a Mobility Allowance, a person must travel and from their home in connection with work, training or job search activities. For more information, please call Centrelink on 132 717.

Web link
Call  132 717

Companion Card

The Companion Card is available to all people with a permanent disability who require the assistance of a companion to access community activities and venues. Card holders can have their companions travel, at no cost, on all metropolitan, country or town train, tram and bus services. For more information contact the Department of Human Services on (03) 5150 4500 or visit

Web link
Call  03 5150 4500

Multi Purpose Taxi Program

The State Government's The Multi Purpose Taxi Program (MPTP) provides half price on taxi fares up to a maximum of $30 per trip. To be eligible you must:
- Live in Victoria permanently; and
- Have a severe and permanent disability that stops you from being able to use public transport by yourself.

To be able to obtain a Multi Purpose Taxi Card, your doctor will need to authorise and sign the application form. Forms are available from your doctor's surgery or the Victorian Taxi Directorate by calling 1800 638 802 or visiting

Web link
Call  1800 638 802


For information on what myki is, how it will affect you and how to get one, please contact Transport Ticketing Authority, myki Discovery Centre - Southern Cross Station Melbourne 3000, call (03) 9619-1042 or email

Web link
Call  03 9619 1042

Veteran Affairs Gold Card

If you have a Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) Gold Card you are eligible for assistance towards travel expenses for the treatment of all health care conditions. You may also be entitled to claim meal and accommodation allowances depending on the distance you need to travel for treatment. To discuss eligibility requirements, contact DVA on 1300 551 918 or visit

Web link
Call  1300 551 918