Home and Community Care (HACC)
The HACC program is designed to support people whose capacity for independent living is at risk, or who are at risk of premature or inappropriate admission to long-term residential care. Eligibility does not depend on age or income. However, not all those eligible are able to receive an immediate service. HACC providers use priority of access guidelines to manage demand for services.
The services provided under the HACC Program include:
- Domestic assistance (home help or housekeeping)
- Personal care
- Nursing (community nursing, home nursing)
- Allied health services (physiotherapy, podiatry, dietetics, etc)
- Food services (meals on wheels and centre-based meals)
- Planned activity groups
- Property maintenance
- Respite services
- Linkages packages
- Friendly visiting, Telelink, respite and transport services provided by volunteers.
To find out if you are eligible for HACC services, please contact your local council.